Thursday, December 22, 2005

Grace Noll Crowell

CHRISTMAS
I shall attend to my little errands of love
Early, this year,
So that the brief days before Christmas may be
Unhampered and clear
Of the fever of hurry.
The breathless rushing that I have known in the past
Shall not possess me.
I shall be calm in my soul
And ready at last
For Christmas: "The Mass of the Christ."
I shall kneel and call out His name;
I shall take time to watch the beautiful light
Of a candle's flame;
I shall have leisure-I shall go out alone
From my roof and my door;
I shall not miss the silver silence of stars
As I have before;
And, oh, perhaps-If I stand there very still,
And very long-
I shall hear what the clamor of living has kept from me:
The Angel's song!

SIMPLICITY
The common tasks are beautiful if we have eyes to see their shining ministry.

THANK YOU FRIEND
I never came to you, my friend, and went away without some new enrichment of the heart; More faith and less of doubt, more courage in the days ahead. And often in great need coming to you, I went away comforted indeed. How can I find the shining word, the glowing phrase that tells all that your love has meant to me, all that your friendship spells? There is no word, no phrase for you on whom I so depend. All I can say to you is this, God bless you precious friend.

For a bio of Grace Noll Crowell, click here.